Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Lawyer

Now that I've been single for almost 6 months, I have finally been feeling ready to date again. By "date again" I really mean "start dating for the first time in my life" as I have, up until now, gone from relationship to relationship. My ex is still majorly in the picture, we speak pretty much daily. That's a whole different blog post. For now, I'm just going to write about my dating escapades - the good, the bad and the ugly. Maybe blogging will contribute to my growth as well as helping me deal with this brand new world I am wading through. So I joined OKCupid.com, and decided to be open to meeting new people, dating, and trying out new things. The Lawyer is the first of my online dates...

The Laywer lives in Santa Barbara. Kinda far. Wasn't crazy about his pictures, he was the kind of guy that wears t-shirts too big for him, boardshorts with socks and shoes. yikes. But we had a lot of things in common, both from half-jewish families, both had major weight loss recently, both had a tough break up that led us to seek out therapy. Had a "phone date" which was nice, but there was something about his voice that I couldn't quite put my finger on. We met at a wine shop in Calabasas. How he convinced me to drive so far to meet in the middle, I will never know (oh, that's right, he just asked me to... such a pushover!). We had great conversation, he is sarcastic but sweet. The entire time, I was thinking that he reminds me of someone, but I couldn't place it... then I did. He reminds me of my neighbor across the street at my mom's house, as in they could be brothers and I would believe it. That is NOT a good thing. We walked, talked, and he finally kissed me. Unimpressed. Not that it was a bad kiss, it just didn't do anything for me. We went to dinner, talked more, and kissed goodbye. Again, nothing. But, I thought, I really enjoy his company, so maybe it was just a "first date" kind of thing, nerves or whatever. I'd give it a second shot.

Second shot was a picnic in the park in Calabasas. This guy is GOOD when it comes to creative dates, I definitely give him credit for that. But not so good with the clothing choices, he was wearing a red camoflauge t-shirt, jeans and sandels. Yikes. We talked, flirted, joked... again, just really had fun with him... then came another kiss. Nothing. Felt terrible, but more so just really wanted the kiss to end. Sent an email telling him I didn't feel the "spark."

Goodbye, Lawyer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your opinions here